Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

palmerozo
Topic Author

Thumbnail scroller speed

28 Oct 2009, 10:49

Hi...

Is there any chance that I can slow dow thumbnail scroller speed ?
Righ now is way to fast for me ....

thanks in advance

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 Oct 2009, 10:09

This is not as straightforward as you may hope, because the location of the thumbnailscroller is always proportional to the horizontal mouse-pointer location. There is not really a speed-setting, but more like a "delay" to set snappiness of the movement. I think if you set a higher delay, it might just seem more sluggish and not easier to use ...

I will however add an option for this in next release, although I cant guarantee it will be exactly what you expect.

palmerozo
Topic Author

:)

02 Nov 2009, 09:33

Thank you !

update..
I'm trying to find "delay" parameters ...where it is located

btw..
I checked imagevue gallery
https://www.photo.gallery/soda/?theme=bluedrago

thumbnailscroller speed in this theme is what I'm looking for ...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: :)

05 Nov 2009, 03:16

palmerozo wrote:Thank you !

update..
I'm trying to find "delay" parameters ...where it is located

btw..
I checked imagevue gallery
https://www.photo.gallery/soda/?theme=bluedrago

thumbnailscroller speed in this theme is what I'm looking for ...
Sorry, there is no difference in thumbnailscroller speed in that gallery and your gallery. The only difference, is that there are less thumbnails in that gallery and in your there are many more so it will have to move faster to adapt to mouse position.

Also, as I said in my previous post, I could ADD a delay setting for next release, but it wont make a huge difference.

jollyjonesy

An idea on how to slow down the scroller

03 Feb 2010, 15:27

Hi,

I know this was brought up a few months back but I could really do with a way to reduce the speed or snappyness of the scroller. I had an idea to how you could do this and has to do with thumbnail sizing...

If the speed of the scroller is directly proportional to the speed at which the mouse pointer passes over the thumbnails then if you gave us a way to manually set the dimensions of the thumbnail envelope to be larger on the scroller it would take longer for the viewer to scan the mouse point over the thumbnail and on to the next and ultimately slowing the whole mechanics of the scroller overall... what do you think?.. make sense?

I think this coupled with and delay would help a great deal

Thanks Steve

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

04 Feb 2010, 03:58

thanks for the suggestion ... In fact, you can already set the SCALE of the thumbnails in the thumbnailscroller. Go to admin -> thermes -> edit your theme -> thumbnails.thumbnailscroller.start_scale ... By default, it is set to 50% of the original size. If you reduce it drastically for example to 20%, the thumbnailscroller should be much more fluid because the total length of your row of thumbnail will be reduced a lot!

This was a good idea!

The reason we have minimal control over the "speed" of the scroller, is that its movement and location is PROPORTIONAL to the horizontal position of the mouse on screen. If the row of thumbnails is VERY LONG, every few inches of horizontal mouse movement will move the thumbnails row.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Thumbnail scroller speed

18 Nov 2010, 02:11

We have now added improved thumbnail-scroller interactivity to Imagevue X2. This feature will be available in a new version pending for release shortly.

Basically, there are two fixes:
  • Thumbnail-size in scroller is reduced if there is a large quantity of images in a folder and/or the visitors stage width is relatively small.
  • Thumbnails hover changed so that the scaled thumb does not interfere with next and previous thumbnail buttons.
For those of you who were expecting some kind of "speed" setting, I will again have to emphasize that this is not a logical solution for this kind of scroller interactivity. The thumbnail scroller position is basically based on position of the _X mouse position. The only reason why it scrolls at all and is not "instant", is because we added a tween to smooth the interaction. If we "slow down" the motion of the scroller even more, it will only seem more unresponsive (trust me on this).