X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

EHRETic
Experienced
Topic Author

Email not shown in email form

14 May 2016, 06:06

Hello there,

I'm running version .17.1 and I've seen an issue (apparently not coming from the latest 2-3 updates) : the %email% is not working.

Even if I put %email% in the mail body, I'm not getting the email address from the person.

Any clue about the problem ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Email not shown in email form

15 May 2016, 07:12

Hmm seems like the email is just sending the message, disregarding the template ... Seems this has been for a while also. Fixed it already, will be available in a maintenance release shortly.

Hotfix
Simply download and replace this file /app/x3.mailer.php

EHRETic
Experienced
Topic Author

15 May 2016, 17:25

mjau-mjau wrote:Hmm seems like the email is just sending the message, disregarding the template ... Seems this has been for a while also. Fixed it already, will be available in a maintenance release shortly.
As "usual", wonderful support : it worked. But I didn't had anything in the "From" field in panel. I had to put something to make it work, but no worries of course. :mrgreen:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 May 2016, 00:53

EHRETic wrote:As "usual", wonderful support : it worked. But I didn't had anything in the "From" field in panel. I had to put something to make it work, but no worries of course. :mrgreen:
This is a separate topic, and I didn't change anything related to FROM in the hotfix. It is quite normal that you need to populate the FROM field, as also debated in this recent post:
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.p ... 06&start=0

... and explained in depth here:
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.p ... 309#p39309