X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

EtienneOuellet
Experienced
Topic Author

2 Display bugs

16 Mar 2011, 01:10

Hi!

I have to little display bugs to report.

The first one I had for quite some times now, probably since X2 has arrived. Sometimes, when I choose a category from my main menu, the menu background doesn't hide properly when I move my cursor away from the menu. My menu is set to autohide.

All I have to do to fix it is to rollover the menu again, then it normally hide properly.

I don't believe there is an easy permanent fix for that one... probably in the next update.

--------------------------------

The second one I had only since tonight when I tried to change my thumbnails size. There is a gap between them and is it not supposed to since the gap parameter is set to "0". Plus, some galleries are ok, some aren't.

I did tried to empty my cache, and it did nothing... Safari for mac and Firefox are behaving the same. Is there a way to fix this one?

Thanks for your help

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: 2 Display bugs

16 Mar 2011, 10:33

EtienneOuellet wrote:The first one I had for quite some times now, probably since X2 has arrived. Sometimes, when I choose a category from my main menu, the menu background doesn't hide properly when I move my cursor away from the menu. My menu is set to autohide.

All I have to do to fix it is to rollover the menu again, then it normally hide properly.
Thanks for reporting this. I must admit I have seen this before. I will look into this for next release and see if I can locate the bug!
EtienneOuellet wrote:The second one I had only since tonight when I tried to change my thumbnails size. There is a gap between them and is it not supposed to since the gap parameter is set to "0". Plus, some galleries are ok, some aren't.

I did tried to empty my cache, and it did nothing... Safari for mac and Firefox are behaving the same. Is there a way to fix this one?
This has something to do with the XML not getting updated with changes to thumbnails. This was supposed to have been solved in an earlier release, so I am not sure why it happened in your gallery. It can normally be solved by simply uploading a new image to this folder, and then deleting it immediately. This will force the XML to update.

Nick
Imagevue Hitman

16 Mar 2011, 10:42

Looks like there is an orphaned thumbnail in this folder. Thumbnails without the image which was created vertical and thus imagevue calculates maximum thumbnail area incorrectly.

This is usually happens when you delete image using ftp and leave the thumbnail in the folder.
A quick fix would be to just delete all thumbs in the folder and re-create them.
firedev.com

EtienneOuellet
Experienced
Topic Author

16 Mar 2011, 20:40

Just deleted all my thumbnails through my FTP server...

Everthing is fine now...

Now let the custom Thumbnails fun begin

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 May 2011, 05:53

EtienneOuellet wrote:The first one I had for quite some times now, probably since X2 has arrived. Sometimes, when I choose a category from my main menu, the menu background doesn't hide properly when I move my cursor away from the menu. My menu is set to autohide.
I believe this menu-related bug has been fixed now, and will be available in an update of the Imagevue X2.7 beta release shortly.