Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

Re: English to German please 🇩🇪

24 Dec 2020, 07:59

ed_f wrote:what is meant with the "x3 pop-up"?
The X3 popup is what happens when you click to zoom/open an image in a gallery. A very important feature of any gallery website.
ed_f wrote:maybe I misunderstood something - so there is no x4 in preparation which would make x3 obsolete, it is only about some details
I have a lot to say about this, but I don't see what that question has to do with this post "English to German", which will be included in next X3 release coming very very soon.

To answer your question in short: We may be heading towards an X4, although it could very well be named X3.5 also. The only reason for this is because there are some technically outdated parts of X3 (CSS, javascript, panel) which I may wish to rebuild from scratch and which may cause some changes to how the frontend looks and works. This release would be based on the same core concepts as current X3, which is by no means obsolete. There will certainly be many updates to existing X3 before this ever starts happening, and when it does, you would be able to upgrade one way or the other. If you require more info about this, you would have to post your specific questions in a separate topic.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

26 Dec 2020, 02:55

Hi :christmas_tree: I have released X3.30.0 [preview] with language updates. If all goes according to plan, those of you with German language browsers should see several interface-texts translated to German:
https://demo.photo.gallery/examples/gallery/

By example, in the link above you should see "X Bilder" (instead of "images). In the bottom right buttons you should see "Abspielen" and "Stile". In the topbar menu when hovering mouse over Galleries, you should see "X Bilder". From /examples/folders/ you should see text "X Galerien" and from this post you should see "Kommentare" when scrolled down to the comments sections.

As you may understand, interface translations are automatic based on users browser-language. If a French visitor views the website, the interface texts will display in French. You can find settings for this in Settings > Advanced > Interface language.

jensfoto

30 Dec 2020, 05:39

Interface Language Menu:

"Deutsch"

NOT Deutsch"e" - without the e

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

31 Dec 2020, 00:37

jensfoto wrote:"Deutsch"

NOT Deutsch"e" - without the e
ok :clap:

hpdorn

02 Jan 2021, 18:44

Hi,

in my test environment I translated some texts of the german filemanager PHP.
Maybe someone is interested.

Some texts are commented with //XXX. This were texts I was not sure of the right context.

Download:
https://hapede.de/sites/homepage/html/d ... man.php.de

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

02 Jan 2021, 23:35

Thanks! This year we will begin work on Panel 2.0, which will have complete translations. As you ma have noticed, translations for current panel are incomplete.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Topic Author

05 Jan 2021, 22:43

Guten Morgen! I have now added support for interface languages in X3.30.0. See forum post:
X3 interface translations [BETA] :de::fr::es::it:

PS! Those of you who had Javascript-fixes for this, may have to remove the outdated code to avoid errors.