Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…
 
grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author
Posts: 360
Joined: 17 Dec 2010, 04:50

Thumbnails when set to resize to box

21 Feb 2011, 05:15

Hi, I was hoping so the thumbnails look better, the thumbnailscroller is doing what I would like the thumbnail list todo.
I hope this can be changed for next release. So what I'm talking about is having a background behind the thumnails when resize to box. I hope you understand what I mean :-)
 
User avatar
mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Posts: 11741
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 03:37

Re: Thumbnails when set to resize to box

21 Feb 2011, 10:37

You mean have a consistent-sized solid background behind the thumbnail, so that the layout might look more fluid?

I am wondering how this would look with the default thumbnail frames though ...
 
grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author
Posts: 360
Joined: 17 Dec 2010, 04:50

Re: Thumbnails when set to resize to box

21 Feb 2011, 11:53

mjau-mjau wrote:You mean have a consistent-sized solid background behind the thumbnail, so that the layout might look more fluid?

I am wondering how this would look with the default thumbnail frames though ...
There could be an option for alpha value and color value in the admin area. If you look at the thumbnailscroller there is a background color, I just think it would look more elegant to have the same for the thumbnaillist.
 
User avatar
mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Posts: 11741
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 03:37

Re: Thumbnails when set to resize to box

22 Feb 2011, 03:53

I can't promise anything, but I will take a look at this for next release and add it if feasible. Thanks!
 
grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author
Posts: 360
Joined: 17 Dec 2010, 04:50

Re: Thumbnails when set to resize to box

22 Feb 2011, 04:42

mjau-mjau wrote:I can't promise anything, but I will take a look at this for next release and add it if feasible. Thanks!
OK, thanks for that, it would be great if it is possible for next release. It minimizes the work with the thumbnails, because it is a lot of photos missing heads :-) So I decided it would look better with the resizeToBox, but with some background, which will look perfect.

Is there no one else that would like this feature?
 
User avatar
mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Posts: 11741
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 03:37

Re: Thumbnails when set to resize to box

22 Feb 2011, 13:54

grimurnet wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote:OK, thanks for that, it would be great if it is possible for next release. It minimizes the work with the thumbnails, because it is a lot of photos missing heads :-) So I decided it would look better with the resizeToBox, but with some background, which will look perfect.

Is there no one else that would like this feature?
Regarding missing heads, did you not check out the wonderful new thumbnails-editor? Go to your admin, select an image, and then click the "edit thumbnail" button
Image

After you click it, you can edit your thumbnail exactly as you like it!
Image
 
grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author
Posts: 360
Joined: 17 Dec 2010, 04:50

Re: Thumbnails when set to resize to box

22 Feb 2011, 14:28

mjau-mjau wrote:
grimurnet wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote:OK, thanks for that, it would be great if it is possible for next release. It minimizes the work with the thumbnails, because it is a lot of photos missing heads :-) So I decided it would look better with the resizeToBox, but with some background, which will look perfect.

Is there no one else that would like this feature?
Regarding missing heads, did you not check out the wonderful new thumbnails-editor? Go to your admin, select an image, and then click the "edit thumbnail" button
Image

After you click it, you can edit your thumbnail exactly as you like it!
Image
Yes I have used it, and I really like it. But it is quite difficult when working with 100+ photos. But it is fantastic feature
 
User avatar
mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard
Posts: 11741
Joined: 30 Sep 2006, 03:37

Re: Thumbnails when set to resize to box

14 Mar 2011, 03:49

This feature is added to Imagevue X2.7 that is pending for release later this month.
Code
<box type="boolean" description="Sets a symmetrical background-frame for all folders that contain different-size thumbnails (resize-to-box). Has no effect for folders where all thumbnails are the same size">false</box>
 
grimurnet
Experienced
Topic Author
Posts: 360
Joined: 17 Dec 2010, 04:50

Re: Thumbnails when set to resize to box

14 Mar 2011, 05:49

mjau-mjau wrote:This feature is added to Imagevue X2.7 that is pending for release later this month.
Code
<box type="boolean" description="Sets a symmetrical background-frame for all folders that contain different-size thumbnails (resize-to-box). Has no effect for folders where all thumbnails are the same size">false</box>
Fantastic, thanks for the info :-) Looking forward to it :-)